Are you thinking of becoming a distributor for dōTERRA? This information will help you decide whether to become a distributor (known as an Independent Product Consultant) for dōTERRA.
dōTERRA is a relatively new company. According to its website, the firm was started in the spring of 2008 when a group of healthcare and business professionals came together “with a common vision of bringing a new standard of therapeutic-grade essential oils to the world.”
Their aim was to provide the world new wellness alternatives, some of which would be based upon essential oils. They wanted to source, test, and manufacture higher quality essential oils that that would be “more pure and potent than any other oils available.” And they wanted to partner with major hospitals, doctors, and scientists to provide the authentication they’d need to back up their strong beliefs in their products.
The result was dōTERRA, which is Latin for “gift of the Earth.” They launched their first product offering, comprised of 25 single oils and 10 oil blends, on April 25, 2008.
In addition to the therapeutic grade essential oils, dōTERRA produces essential wellness dietary supplements, personal care and bath spa products, and products for a healthy home. All these are sold exclusively by dōTERRA distributors.
Essential oils, as the firm explains on its website, are natural compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots and other parts of plants. These often very fragrant oils have been used throughout history as natural alternatives in holistic care practices.
dōTERRA’s mission is to “[share] life-enhancing benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils with the world.” This will be accomplished by:
* Discovering and developing the world’s highest-quality therapeutic-grade essential oil products
* Producing our essential oil products to the highest standard of quality, purity, and safety
* Distributing our products through Independent Product Consultants
* Providing educational opportunities for all people interested in learning how therapeutic-grade essential oils can be used as a self-care wellness alternative
* Bringing together healthcare professionals of traditional and alternative medicine to encourage further study and application of therapeutic-grade essential oils
The firm does not disclose the number of its distributors (IPCs) on its website.
How to become a distributor for dōTERRA
People interested in becoming distributors (IPCs) for dōTERRA can join on the firm’s website. For a $35.00 registration fee, distributors:
- Purchase products at wholesales prices (25% below retail)
- Earn credits in their rewards program
- Receive their own web shopping site, which customers can use to shop for products
- Gain authorization to sponsor new distributors
- Receive other special promotions and discounts
dōTERRA distributors earn commissions three ways: From the sales of products to customers, on sales to teammates, and on the sales their teammates make.
Ongoing training for distributors includes workshops, webinars, and other business-building events held throughout the year. These are designed to help distributors promote products through person-to-person selling and their own personalized web sites.
How dōTERRA ranks with other MLM companies
As a budding distributor for dōTERRA, you naturally wonder how well the firm ranks against other MLM businesses. According to MLMRankings.com, a highly respected independent firm, dōTERRA does quite well.
In information posted on Dec. 13, 2011, dōTERRA was ranked 605 out of 680 companies on MLMRankings’ database. In addition, dōTERRA is ranked 48th in MLMRanking’s Top 50 MLM companies based upon internet searches. MLMRankings reports that dōTERRA experienced a 14.53% increase in internet searches since its previous reporting period.
The bottom line on dōTERRA
dōTERRA appears to be a great company to join as a distributor. Its mission and values dovetail with those of many consumers. A dōTERRA distributor represents a firm committed to providing safe, environmentally sound products for the body and home. It encourages a holistic approach to well-being, which is inline with the interests of millions of people worldwide. dōTERRA products are made mostly or exclusively of natural products.
dōTERRA has earned an A- rating (on a scale of A+ to F) from the Orem, Utah Better Business Bureau. That tells you the company is committed to high ethical standards.
After researching dōTERRA, the only questions I have pertain to marketing efforts for the distributors. Are distributors encouraged to market via online opportunities, or is selling done exclusively through direct contact? Your chances for success enhance as you expand your market reach.
If you found value in this post, could you do me a favor and share it with others? You may use any of the links below. Feel free to comment, as well. To contact me, send an email.
Are you struggling in your internet marketing business? Perhaps you need to revisit the basics. Pick up a copy of Mike Dillard’s classic ebook, Magnetic Sponsoring.
Do you like to travel? Would you like to save hundreds each time you take a vacation? Learn how to save up to 90% off.
Incoming search terms:
- doterra distributor
- become a doterra distributor
- becoming a doterra consultant
- how to become a doterra consultant
- how to become a doterra distributor
- how much does it cost to sell doterra
- how much monthly to be doterra distributor
- how much of a discount for doterra distributor
- ashould i do doterra
You are not authorized to see this part