7 triggers to build rapport with clients
Adapted from “The 7 Triggers to Yes: The New Science Behind Influencing People’s Decisions,” by Russell H. Granger (McGraw Hill, 2008).
Of all the suggested questions and topics on those three pages, I chose seven to highlight. They are:
1. Leisure time – How do you spend it? One of the easiest ways to get someone talking about his interests and a sure door opener.
2. Background. Where are you from originally? What brought you here?”
3. Business: “How did you get started in this business? How did you become so good at your work?”
4. Education: “Where did you go to school? What did you major in?”
5. Travel: Those who travel, whether for business or pleasure, love to talk about it.
6. Local events: Is your prospect involved in the community in any capacity? Talk about it.
7. Associations and clubs: Almost everyone is involved in at least one group. Learn what your prospect has joined and why.
Please feel free to comment below. To contact me, send an email.